When you become a mom you find yourself in a whole new world! < insert Aladdin’s theme song>
You find yourself in “interesting” situations, and experiencing new things that soon become the norm. Those sobering moments that remind you swiftly “Yip , I’m such a mom!”. A rocking one none the less!
These are some of my favorite typical “mom moments”, that make me feel so proud to be a mom! I can’t help but laugh at these moments, and laugh at myself!
Maybe you can relate to some of these:
YOU KNOW YOURE A MOM WHEN:
- You find bits of dried food on your clothes.
- Your hair is sticky at the tips.
- You hear a baby’s cry from miles away, and get cold shivers.
- You hear a baby cry, when their is no baby close by. #hauntingbabycries
- When you find yourself talking in baby language to your baby, or to adults.
- When you find yourself swaying from side to side whilst waiting in a que at the shops, and you’re not holding your baby.
- You catch yourself singing Barney songs, when Barney is’nt even on the telly.
- You find yourself PVR-ing Barney episodes, along with episodes of YOUR favorite TV shows that you won’t be able to watch while your little one is awake.
- When you leave the house, with make up on- one eye only! (half way there I suppose)
- When you get ready for work whilst holding a baby, or pretty much do anything while holding a baby.
- When your little one sneezes ,whilst you’re feeding them solids and butternut blasts all over your face!
- When you scoop poop out of the bath, or off the floor – because it’s never a good idea to unleash a naked baby around the house.
- When poop some how falls out of a diaper and onto your shoe!
- When your eyes practically roll out of your head by 9 pm.
- When you consider the blinking of your eyes as mini power naps!
- When you can’t help but talk about how awesome your little one is to everyone you meet! And of course they are, I don’t blame you! Tell the whole world about your amazing “snuggle bum”.
- When you literally have thousands of pictures of your little one on your phone! #mamaRATzi
- When you catch yourself talking to yourself, then you reply to yourself casually.
- Understanding your little ones gibberish like a pro!
Family pics shot by Nicolette Kapp.