A few weeks ago I went to the Lilliput Market held at the Stone Shed in Durbanville to get my Christmas shopping on – and to my surprise I immediately fell in love with Joey’s kids range, so much so that I couldn’t stop going back to her stall and drooling at all of her beautifully made kids apparel.
Eventually, I couldn’t resist and bought a gorgeous baby romper for a friends baby. Man oh man, these clothes made me excited to one day (if God willing) to dress a little girl. I spoke with Johandri from Joey and I wanted to shine a light on her and what she does, and plus if you’re good there might be a little surprise giveaway for you the reader at the end…
JOEY FASHION AND INTERIOR
- I am a freelance photography retoucher , and a graphic designer who ran out of the door that God opened recently to take on this new venture that is now known as; Joey Fashion and Interior.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START JOEY FASHION AND INTERIOR?
- One day I went shopping with my mom for my baby niece, Elri. We decided that there were way too little floral clothing for babies that are made with proper fabrics. (We saw the gap in the market). Upon going on my first real fabric shopping adventure, we picked out the fabrics that had both the right look AND feel for our clothing range. (A baby is in your arms most of the time, why not dress them in something that feels nice for you the mom as well?)
- The people that made “Joey” possible: Ronel Wasserfall, Henriette Malherbe, Helda Warries and Ashlene Opperman. Their passion and excitement for what we do is my biggest inspiration to make this company work.
TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT LINE ?
- We use the most beautiful and comfortable fabric we can find to make unique clothing for babies and toddlers. Our designs are ever-changing and mostly limited additions, as we don’t want all the kiddies to look the same.
- We making the following items : Rompers, jumpsuits, dungaree’s, dresses, nappy pants, bibs, dummy clips, summer hats, pre-walker shoes, and we sell nursery necklaces for moms.
WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE BRANDING AND DESIGN ELEMENTS OF YOUR BUSINESS?
- The name “Joey” was inspired by our late grandma Joey’s good taste and love for her grandchildren. The biblical meaning of Joey is “God provides”.
“The Lord’s faithfulness continues to each generation” – Psalm 100:5
AS AN ENTREPRENEUR IN THE MAKING, WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU CREATIVELY ?
- My mom, Ronel, is one of my biggest inspirations. Her love for vintage styles and floral patterns definitely rubbed off on me. A picture from a mommy, who’s little one is smiling from ear to ear wearing their new Joey outfit – that is everything!
ANY TIPS OR ADVICE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS WANTING TO VENTURE OFF IN THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SPACE ?
- The journey of becoming a successful entrepreneur is not an easy one, and an easy way out is to go back to your day job. I will, however, advise you to push through the difficult times, financial struggles and long hours. When God opens that door at the end of the hallway you have been waiting in for so long, you will never look back!
WHERE CAN WE STALK, I MEAN FIND YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA ?
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joeyfashionandinterior/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WIN A GIVEAWAY VOUCHER WITH JOEY
Stand a chance at winning a R 200 voucher to shop all things Joey….
Here’s how :
- Share this post on Facebook and tag a friend.
- Find Joey on Facebook and Instagram.
- Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
T&C’s : Only open to South African Citizens. Enter as many times as you like! Good luck <3