I truly believe that there is a hero that lives within all of us. Our super powers come in many different shapes and forms. Our super powers could look like the following ; making others laugh, loving and caring for others, helping and supporting those in need, being brave when it’s hard, being a safe place for those feeling lost and afraid. My son is three years old, and he loves role playing superheroes. He wants to save the day, protect me from monsters, and he wants to face his fears by standing up to bad guys.
I think it’s so important to nurture imaginative creative role-playing, and to encourage the superhero within every little person. It builds and nurtures their confidence and imagination, it allows them to express themselves freely, and to emotionally make connections and overcome internal issues by resolving and facing them through role-playing.
That’s why I was so thrilled when I stumbled across Rising Heroes via Instagram. Rising Heroes makes thee cutest superhero masks and capes, encouraging the little super hero within every little person. I am so excited that we get to hear from them today, and that we get spoil someone special with a Rising Heroes Giveaway.
- Mother to three super boys.
- Wife to a hardworking, amazing husband.
- I have a creative mind.
- I have a soft spot for wannabe superheroes.
- I consider myself to be raising three sons and a husband.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START RISING HEROES?
- My boys, especially the eldest one who loves all things superhero and always has to dress up as a superhero for every party. I have always enjoyed making superhero capes and masks for him and other superhero clothing, the pure joy on his face and the fact that he thinks he can conquer the world by simply putting a cape and mask on just melts my heart. The second (not middle) son, has developed a slight superhero obsession too and the youngest one is still a baby but I’m pretty sure that I am raising three superheroes.
- I have always wanted to create/make and sell something made by myself for other moms or children.
- My product range is superhero capes and masks, for now. I plan to expand my product range within next year.
- It is all hand made by me and it is targeted at those little boys that dream of being superheroes
- My design inspiration came from my imagination and that of my eldest son. I have always encouraged him to be his own superhero instead of following the norm. Therefore I would make the entire family capes and masks and we each had our own super powers and abilities.
- I know a few moms that dread the day that their child asks for Spiderman, Batman and Ninja Turtle gear. I was that mom. Then your child gets it and they are smiling from ear to ear. I would like to think that I am offering those moms an alternative to the classic superhero gear and to encourage their children to be unique and use their imagination.
WHAT INSPIRED YOUR BRANDING & DESIGN ELEMENTS?
- My three boys, the rising heroes.
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU CREATIVELY?
- Being on Instagram and seeing what amazing work all the mompreneurs do and what they make themselves, that inspired me. I have always had ideas of what I could make and sell but I was never sure whether it would sell.
HOW CAN WE STAY IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
GIVEAWAY WITH RISING HEROES
Stand a chance at winning a Thunder Bolt mask and cape, PLUS an extra voucher to create your very own Superhero mask & cape.
You can do either options or all of them for extra entries.
- Comment on this post.
- Find @leatherjacketfoxes & @rising_heroes on Instagram and comment by tagging a friend on @leatherjacketfoxes Instagram post.
- Share competition on any social media platforms.
T&C’s : Only open for South African Residents.