Seeing as though it’s Fathers Day next week Sunday, we thought it would be a great to hear from Bryce Delport – husband, father, and the brains behind “The Noble man.” ‘The Noble Man’ focuses on making handmade leather accessories : Bi-folds wallets, phone sleeves with card holder, passport covers and valet treys. Today, Bryce shares with us all Things Noble Man with us, and he may even share an awesome Fathers Day Giveaway valued up to a R1000 – just in time for Fathers Day – Hooray, because we all know that shopping for men can be a little tricky at times.
THE FACE, BRAINS, MAVERICK BEHIND THE NOBLE MAN…
- Hey, I am Bryce Delport, a proud husband, and father with a passion for : creative thinking, lifestyle, and an ethical approach to business. My journey started off as a slightly confused juvenile trying to decide what direction to steer my creative impulses. After a good few years of art college, design courses, and retail work experience, I have been privileged enough to focus my energy on a idea that I am truly proud of : THE NOBLE MAN
THE HEART OF THE NOBLE MAN
- At THE NOBLE man we aim to give consumers the best quality leather lifestyle products/accessories that money can buy. Obviously, it is a long journey to perfect a product, but with our high attention to detail and pursuit of crafting perfection, we humbly hope to compete on a global scale.
- Our goal is to appeal to a market that takes the time out to consider how and from where their purchased item originates. Also, having a conviction to get their hands on something that will age well over time.
WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND STARTING THE NOBLE MAN?
As far as inspiration goes, I would give it three main categories:
(a) Cheap Fast fashion – While on the one hand I certainly know that this appeals to a market that can’t always afford a high-end product. I also, strongly believe that it can breed a consumerist way of thinking. My late Grandfather always had a great saying that has stuck with me even to this day and translated from it’s original language, went something like this : “Cheap buying is expensive buying!”, which takes me to my next category.
(b) My Grandfather – for many years my Grandfather was involved in the shoe and leather industry, so I am pretty sure, along the way I have inherited a love for my material of choice, and a general appreciation of quality.
(c) Denim and boots – So why do I say denim and boots? Well, firstly it is a classic pairing and because the pair of jeans we know today is quite different to those of years past. Originally denim was intended for workwear, so it had to be a hard wearing product that could take the beating of day to day manual labour. Obviously, this meant that the nature of the material used was of higher quality, most commonly known as selvedge denim today. The beauty and nature of this material and a proper pair of leather boots is that it tells a personal life story, and hopefully my products can replicate this characteristic.
WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT SO FAR THROUGH STARTING THE NOBLE MAN?
- Plainly and simply: Focus and perseverance. It is important to get the nitty gritty tasks done, and choosing to focus through the “not so nice” times. A continual life lesson.
ENCOURAGING THOUGHTS FOR FELLOW INSPIRING ENTREPRENEURS:
- “MAKE THINGS” – so for many years I was bursting with ideas. Truthfully ideas are awesome, (and I totally encourage them), but taking those ideas and physically turning it into something tangible gives you a foundation to build on.
STAY IN TOUCH
- If you are interested in what I do or want to purchase any item. The easiest way to get in touch : is to search THE NOBLE MAN on Insta and drop me an email.
The Noble Man has decided to gift one lucky winner with a handmade Bi fold wallet, and phone sleeve valued to R1000!
- ENTER VIA @leatherjacketfoxes on Instagram by tagging a friend, and commenting with one word that best describes the awesome dad in your life.
- Then show some online Instagram love via The Noble Man.
- You can enter for that special man in your life, for a friend who is a dad, or a dad to be, or you can enter for your dad. Girl or guy – you can enter!
EXTRA FUN ENTRIES : Share this giveaway via Facebook tagging Leather Jacket Foxes, and Tag a friend in the comments section!
*T&C’s – Only open to citizens of South Africa*